INSTALL BEFORE FLIGHT!
AviationMaps by Avilution is a flight planning and in flight support application that runs on Android, the world’s most popular mobile platform!
-Create, save and edit flight plans and user waypoints.
-Search and navigate to addresses and other points of interest.
-Draw or write on charts and plates.
-File flight plans with DUATS.
-View aviation weather, on the ground or in the air.
-Simple navigation with optional Geo-referenced plates and airport taxi diagrams.
-Display ADS-B/TIS-B and XM Weather (Optional hardware required).
“Avilution’s one-stop navigation tool is all you could hope for from a tablet-based aviation application.” – AOPA Pilot
Run it on a tablet or phone to have ready access to charts, plates, and airport data.
Large screen devices can use our popular split screen mode, which lets you decide what information you want to display. We concentrate on making our product highly usable on phones as well, and if you want to use it on both you only pay once (view AviationMaps features).
- Phone or tablet running Android 2.2 or greater
- WiFi required
- Internal or Bluetooth GPS supported
- Internal barometer may be used for altitude (if available)
- Internal compass can be displayed (if available)
- Android compatible Bluetooth GPS support
Navigation Data (US Only, VFR and IFR):
- Derived from FAA AeroNav data
- Sectional, Terminal Area, Low Altitude Enroute, and High Altitude charts available
- Approach plates, airport diagrams, STARs, and SIDs (Geo-referenced terminal procedures and airport diagrams available with premium subscription)
- AFD Entries
- Airport frequencies
- Runway data, including pattern direction
- Victor and Jet airways
- Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs), must be downloaded before each flight
- User Waypoints can be saved and edited
- POI search for finding and saving street addresses
- Bluetooth GPS devices (various manufacturers, including Garmin GLO, DUAL XGPS150/150A)
- Baron MobileLink for WXWorx in-flight weather
- SkyRadar ADS-B (experimental, requires device which can act as a hot spot)
- XGPS170 ADS-B (Helper app and use of mock locations not required)
- iLevil with AHRS
- Zaon PCAS XRX in flight traffic detection
- Microsoft FSX via Bluetooth and X-Plane flight simulator via Wi-Fi
- NEXRAD overlaid on charts (Internet, MobileLink, ADS-B)
- PIREPs (Internet, MobileLink, ADS-B)
- METARs (Internet, MobileLink, ADS-B)
- TAFs (Internet, MobileLink, ADS-B)
- NOTAMs (Internet, ADS-B)
- SIGMETs and AIRMETs (Internet, MobileLink)
- Winds aloft (Internet)
- Area forecast (Internet)
- Current Icing Potential (Internet)
- Satellite imagery (MobileLink)
- Freezing levels (MobileLink)
- Lightning strikes (MobileLink)
For more information or installation and user assistance please view our online user guide.