Checklists is a pretty simple app developed to help encourage and facilitate checklist usage primarily in the cockpit (although people have used the app for other things like boats). The checklist file itself is typically edited on your computer. It is not a substitute for an FAA approved flight manual and is only as useful as the data you load into the application of course.
Here’s some quick help to get you started:
1. When you install the application, run it first without your phone being connected to your computer. There is a default set of checklists included to help you to get started.
2. The first time you run the application, it will create a file called checklists.txt in the root of your SD card.
3. In order to change the checklists, you need to plug your phone into your computer, then in the pull down menu at the top of your home screen and enable the USB storage, just as you would to copy files or pictures to your computer.
4. You’ll need to edit the checklist.txt file on your computer. You can compare what is in the text file with the way the checklist behaves in the checklist application on your phone to customize your checklists.
5. You change which checklist you’re using with the drop down box at the top:
and then choose from one of the given options:
6. Audio lists are read to you (not very well, but they are) and there is a very experimental feature which allows you to say the word “check” (or really just about any word) and have it check off and read you the next item.
5. If you have any trouble, please contact us at support at our domain name, avilution.com.